From: Jefsey Morfin [mailto:jefsey@wanadoo.fr]
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2001 1:29 AM
To: ga@dnso.org
Subject: Re: [ga] RE: GA/DNSO Funding Issues

On 20:55 27/08/01, Gomes, Chuck said:
>Also, it seems to me that it is really easy to spend money that someone
else
>is paying.

This is very well said. Was it about ICANN?

Dear Chuck,
the issue is not about this one or this one. It is about the correction of
the mistakes we did. This is not because we do something wrong that we must
continue doing the same, isn't it?

What we are all trying to understand is:
- how much do pay the registrants?
- how much goes to the registrars?
- how much goes to the registries?
- how much goes to the ICANN?
according which rules for .com, .net, .org as well as for .tv, .cc, .we or
.it, .ja, .fr etc... and for.pro, .info, .biz .museum, etc.

Then why these rules which seem rather complex? for the same task and the
same service.
Then what can be done to improve the things.

 From then on, only, one can evaluate if this is a sound situation or not
and if things should be changed or not.  I wish only to underline that this
is the minimum transparency due to people in here who are paying out of
their family money.

You, the other Registries, the Registrars present in the GA have an
understanding and information we have not. We thank you all for sharing it.
Jefsey