Re: [ga] FW: ICANN meeting in Montevideo

Was it appropriate to solicit funding on behalf of the DNSO GA without
formal authorization or permission from the DNSO or ICANN?

My understanding is that if one cannot afford to attend ICANN meetings
or obtain one's own funding, then one should not request to qualify for
a formal position within the DNSO process where attendance at ICANN
meetings may be a requirement for the position.  If attendance is not a
requirement, then why the need to appear or the need to request funding?

My having participated in the ICANN meetings, giving credit to DNSO GA
Chairman Danny Younger, I know that Younger has funded his attendance
and trips to ICANN meetings.

This is an example of why my position is that Approved Proposal
Organizations (APO) should represent interested parties, stake holders
and the At-Large through the DNSO and ICANN processes where funding is
clearly needed for proper representation in the process.

http://dnsga.org/announcements/atlarge_5june01.html

Derek Conant
DNSGA President and Chairman

Telephone:  (202) 801-0158