[ga] Re: Inter-registrar Domain Name Transfer (IRDX) Proposal

  • To: "Ross Wm. Rader" <ross@tucows.com>, ga ml <ga@dnso.org>
  • Subject: [ga] Re: Inter-registrar Domain Name Transfer (IRDX) Proposal
  • From: Joanna Lane <jo-uk@rcn.com>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 18:23:37 -0400
  • Sender: owner-ga-full@dnso.org

Ross Rader of Tucows has published a proposition for a uniform set of
processes by which Registrars can
undertake to perform inter-registrar domain name transfers.

I am formulating my input on this proposition, and will be forwarding in due
course, as I hope others in the General Assembly will also be keen to do, in
particular those who can throw light on the Registrant's perspective. After
all, the Registrant community has been the most affected by failures in
present arrangements.

Regards,

Joanna

The URLs for Best Practices: DNSO Citation:
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/gaindex.html
(Under "Other Information Documents"; "August 2001:
Proposal for Best Practices for the DNSO GA")
Part I:
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/20010813.GA-BestPractices.html
Part II:
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/20010813.GA-BP-flowchart.pdf
(Access to the .pdf file requires installing the Adobe Acrobat
Reader, which is available for free down load at
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html.)