RE: [ga] Webcast of Today's NC Meeting

Unfunded public bids are made all the time. Witness the RFP for ICANN and
the US RFP for the US TLD. Neither are funded. That is a case where the RFP
process is used to solicit volunteerism or philanthropy. It also spells out
where the bidder is allowed to make profits from the event, or not. Yes,
they are more like a joint-venture, but isn't everything?

In short, I agree with Kristy. ICANN should solicit outside the ICANN camp.
I consider Berkman within the ICANN camp, just like Jones-Day.