Re: [ga] Funding of ICANN Board candidate travel expenses and Election timing.

Peter and all assembly members,

  First off, as a pilot myself, I wouldn't EVER ride on any of the airlines
you listed below!  :(  Secondly, I agree with you that getting the travel
money as well as other expenses and even some pocket money for
the montevideo meeting isn't all that difficult.

Peter de Blanc wrote:

> A search on www.orbitz.com , which is the "all-airline" co-op web fare
> search engine, shows US $ 724.00 from paris to montivideo, via madrid.
>
> There is a fare of $ 871 from new york to montevideo.
>
> The holiday inn next to the conference hotel has rooms under $ 80.00
>
> Add meals, airport transfer, you are looking at less that $ 2,000.
>
> Again, I'll gladly match $ 100 of donation to candidates that can not
> afford to come.
>
> Find 19 people who believe in a candidate  well enough to provide $
> 100.00, and the candidate is there!
>
> Now as to your comment "Either all candidates should be provided travel
> and
> hotel, or none, IMO.", well, several candidates are already coming, and
> presumably have managed to pay for their travel. So only a few
> candidates remain. Why should I, or ICANN donate travel money to someone
> who already has a (paid) ticket? I would rather donate MY money to those
> who need it! And I am willing to do so!
>
> Peter de Blanc

> $724
>
>    Air France 2200
>   Tue, Sep 4
>  8:00p-10:05p
> plane change
>    Paris, France (CDG)   Madrid, Spain (MAD) 2
>
>   Iberia 6841
>   Tue, Sep 4
>  11:40p-6:55a
> plane change
>    Madrid, Spain (MAD)   Buenos Aires, Argentina (EZE)
>
>   Aerolineas Argentinas 1218
>   Wed, Sep 5
>  8:50a-9:30a
>    Buenos Aires, Argentina (EZE)   Montevideo, Uruguay (MVD)
>   total duration: 18h 30min
>
>   Iberia 7401
>   operated by partner airline
>   Tue, Sep 11
>  10:05a-10:45a
> plane change
>    Montevideo, Uruguay (MVD)   Buenos Aires, Argentina (EZE) 2
>
>   Iberia 6840
>   Tue, Sep 11
>  2:15p-6:45a
> plane change
>    Buenos Aires, Argentina (EZE)   Madrid, Spain (MAD)
>
>   Air Europa 1021
>   Wed, Sep 12
>  7:55a-10:05a
>    Madrid, Spain (MAD)   Paris, France (CDG)
>   total duration: 19h 0min
>  $871
>
>    American Airlines 2111
>   Tue, Sep 4
>  6:11p-9:30p
> plane change
>    New York, NY (JFK)   Miami, FL (MIA) 2
>
>   American Airlines 999
>   Tue, Sep 4
>  11:20p-8:23a
> plane change
>    Miami, FL (MIA)   Sao Paulo, SP (GRU)
>
>   American Airlines 951
>   Wed, Sep 5
>  10:45a-1:25p
>    Sao Paulo, SP (GRU)   Montevideo, Uruguay (MVD)
>   total duration: 18h 14min
>
>   American Airlines 950
> [...]

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827