Re: [ga] Funding of ICANN Board candidate travel expenses

Rex and all assembly members,

  It is well known that WXW has had a vendetta against Joop for more
than two years now.  He has displayed that vendetta against Joop
on any and every forum he can find.  WXW has had a vendetta
against me for even longer than two years.  This has become what
WXW is best known for, vendettas.  It really doesn't matter
at all if Joop deserves to go to any ICANN meeting representing the
IDNO, as long as the IDNO members support it, how he accomplishes
getting the funding is a minor matter.  In this instance it seems to me
he has a good sponsor.

  If the DNSO GA had adequate funding or if the IDNO had gathered
adequate funding a long time ago Joop would not be in this position,
nor would any other IDNO member, should they choose to go to these
far away meetings.  It is our members position that if even adequate
remote interactive participation was provided, such concerns would be
minimal.  But it seems that the ICANN BoD has a problem with
getting this done.

Rex T. wrote:

> I remember when there was no IDNO and this guy (Joop) spoke of the need to
> protect independant domain owners, and how he would like to begin a
> constituency for that purpose, and to build a real voting booth, etc.
>
> I rember this guy campaining to bring the Unrepresented Domain Owners, and
> to strive for true democratic process.
>
> A few people heard the message eventually, and these things began to become
> a reality.
>
> I remember this person went to the meetings at his own expense to help all
> of us.
>
> I did not see anyone else making these sacrifices during the begining.
>
> There wouldn't even be an IDNO if it weren't for his efforts.
>
> I believe he deserves this.
>
> Rex

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827