Re: [ga] Does someone knows the REAL rules?

Jefsey Morfin wrote:

{private]

Dear Joana,
I read your long mail in detail. As it is a follow-up on Bill's mails it
makes my ego to look the bad guy of the GA, while I am probably
one of the few supportive one.

Jefsey:

You have indeed been helpful at times, but undirected references
to "people wanting to enforce their own conceptions" indeed
deserve a good whack up 'long side the head.  Show me one
place wherein any attempt was made to enforce the BP.  You
must really have got up on the wrong side of the bed.

This is the second time you create that type of confusion using
out of context other's quote,
The thing is, Jefsey, you didn't give any context -- that was an
unjustified broadside -- asserting charges of having tried to
"enforce" something when even a casual review of the BP
documents published and commented on so far belies any
such claim.  If you have something constructive to say about
the BP, let's hear from you.
so now I am trained :-)  I wish only to
underline that Bill's comment from 8/15 is on a mail of mine from
... 9/7.  Don't you think it is unfair practice?
No, that occurs when one has been putting in hours and hours of
hard work on a constructive project, and it is only in a break
between Parts II and III that one has a chance even to skim
hundreds of emails, and respond to just a very few. Emails are
immortal, didn't you know?

And speaking of hard work, not to mention creativity, Joanna
jumped in on some ill-formed notions of mine about proposals,
and (as attorneys are wont todo) soon had a labyrinthic structure
that Solomon could not have understood: Joanna took that in hand
and reduced it to the extraordinary simplicity that the BP now has,
particularly adding the three "BASIS" lines and the color scheme.

That BASIS, I might add, is the critical distinction between the usual
half-cocked, ad hoc flurry of so-called "motions' that have plagued
the GA for years -- there must instead be a FOUNDATION, there
must be EVIDENCE, there must be CAUSE AND EFFECT REASONING,
before anyone that matters will pay the slightest attention to anything
that the GA produces. (On this, listen to Peter de Blanc as to such
requirements.)

But not to his response to Joanna -- she is right in stating that she
has no vested interest to protect here, nor for that matter do I.
We are just two people who were appalled at how the GA had
been conducting itself for years, and decided between us to try
to set out a better scheme.  If the GA membership fails to see an
opportunity at least to do something about that (of which, as has
been repeatedly stated, the BP is only a first shot at some semblance
of order) but insists instead on perpetuating its eternal tub thumping,
it hardly deserves any help at all.

Bill Lovell

Jefsey

--
Any terms above that are not familiar to the reader may
possibly be explained at: