Re: [ga] Domain names as observed (was Tucows Response to CochettiTransfer Letter)

Sotiris and all assembly members,

Sotiris Sotiropoulos wrote:

> Eric Dierker wrote:
>
> > I cannot accept the premise that they are privately owned by Registries or
> > Registrars - except maybe in the case of a ccTLD - but then that is public in
> > most countries, hence anti-hoarding laws like our toll-free regs.
> >
> > Come to think about it maybe they are more like hunting permits.
>
> One cannot sell, lease, or otherwise transfer rights to use a hunting permit.
> Domain names are sold and re-sold, and leased, and loaned, and willed...

  Yes.  It seems that Marilyn is under some unfortunate misconceptions.
These misconceptions are of course propagated to others which makes
them even more confusing.  So Sotiris, all we can do here is repeatedly
attempt to remind unfortunate mislead individuals such as Marilyn,
properly.  Thank you here, Sotiris for providing some additional
but necessary conditions and facts regarding Domain Names
as private property.

> Sincerely,
>
> Sotiris Sotiropoulos

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827