Re[4]: [ga] Letter from ICANN to New.net

Hello Roeland,

Friday, July 27, 2001, 7:59:49 AM, Roeland Meyer wrote:
>> Wrong.  Go back and check with your ORSC croonies.  One of their big
>> complaints with new.net when it started was the conflicting TLDs.

> MDR happened in Nov00, NewNet hadn't announced existance yet. ICANN
> conflicted, with BIZ, in Nov00. That was the signal that it was okay for
> NewNet to also conflict. Why not? If ICANN can ignore the ORSC then NewNet
> has no reason to acknowlege the ICANN. The facts are that NewNet didn't
> conflict because they didn't exist at the time.

New.net's TLDs were not in conflict with ICANN's TLDs, Roeland.  As I
said, go back and check your facts.  You may have been physically
present in MDR, but that doesn't confer on you any greater right to
state non-facts as truth.

Who really cares if you were in MDR, if you can't get the most simple
facts straight in your arguments?

>> You really need to check your facts and make sure you know the subject
>> before commenting on the honesty of another member.

> I was at MDR, you were not. I have other reasons to very firmly remember
> when NewNet announced existence. The time-line says that I am correct. If
> Kent isn't being dishonest then he's senile or at least, badly mistaken. He
> makes a habit of making such "mistakes".

More personal attacks for me to complain about, Roeland.  Your second
one today.

>> Your message is sanctionable in my opinion and I've asked that you be
>> censured by the monitors.

> ... and for posting such a threat on the GA list I am making my, first ever,
> complaint about you.

I'm already banned.  My posts only go to ga-full, so there is nothing
to complain about  :)

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@userfriendly.com>