Re[2]: [ga] Letter from ICANN to New.net

Hello Roeland,

Thursday, July 26, 2001, 10:10:57 AM, Roeland Meyer wrote:

>> The basis for this statement is the position of the IETF, as
>> summarised by the IAB.

> As has been noted before, there is no technical basis for the IAB report. In
> fact, there was no technical content in that IAB report, whatsoever. It was
> purely a policy statement, decorated with FUD, pretending to technical
> legitimacy. I might add that, it wasn't worthy of the IAB, IMHO.

There is no technical basis for the single root document?

Oh come on, Roeland, the alt.root people have been the single best
source for technical basis for the one single centralized root
argument.  The cache poisoning issues alone are important enough to
give it a strong technical grounding.

All the arguments they are using to claim that the real .biz will
cause "real technical problems" are the single best technical reasons
the IAB position is correct.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@userfriendly.com>