[ga] Re: [ga-rules] BEST PRACTICES in action

Joanna,

This is very good.  And as long as it remains in the parameters herein mentioned
it is very helpful.  It would appear that through the process, without formal
vote, a consensus is actually formed.  If as Patrick says "just follow it
informally" then you have consensus de facto and no formality is needed.  I
believe this is why Mr. Lovell stressed that these are not hardened rules, but
good practice.

But as a student of the GA history I must caution that your good intentions may
very well be misapplied in the future much as the list rules have been modified
by practice to suggest rigidity. For instance the words "shall be respected"
have metamorphosed into "an unintentional over posting must result in
suspension".

So I ask that you make a more powerful and unambiguous statement within your
best practices that make it clear how they are to be enforced.

Sincerely,
Eric