Re: [ga] How to paralyze the General Assembly

Patrick and all assembly members,

  The Chair and Alt-Chair can provide for their own funding to attend
meetings.  Really only ONE, either Chair or Alt-Chair need attend
in any event.  Having both attend ICANN meetings is a option.

Patrick Corliss wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Jul 2001 17:37:36 -0700, William S. Lovell wrote:
> Subject: [ga] How to paralyze the General Assembly
>
> > Rather than reply to the latest from Joe Kelsey, I thought I'd
> > outline what's involved here:
> >
> > 1. Set up a system where ICANN schedules annual elections.
> > 2. Set up a system in which there is a Names Council that is
> >     charged with assisting the General Assembly in various tasks.
> > 3. Give to the Names Council the responsibility for administering
> >     the General Assembly mailing lists.
> > 4. Give to the Names Council the responsibility for conducting
> >     General Assembly votes.
> > 5. Fail to hold annual elections because there is no money for them.
> > 6. Fail to establish mailing lists as requested by the Chair and/or the
> >     Alternate Chair of the General Assembly.
> > 7. Fail to conduct elections as requested by the General Assembly.
> > 8. Convince enough members of the General Assembly that it
> >     cannot do anything that has any "official" status without there
> >     being an "official" mailing list or an "official" election, under
> >     the control of the Names Council.
> >
> > The General Assembly thereby becomes paralyzed.
>
> Hi Bill
>
> Now you're getting the idea !!  Thank you for elucidating my views so
> clearly.  You can add:
>
> 9. Fail to fund either the Chair or the Alternate Chair to attend ICANN
> conferences so they might conduct face-to-face meetings of the General
> Assembly.
>
> Regards
> Patrick Corliss

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827