Re: [ga] Questions for the next ICANN Board Director

Hello DannyYounger,

Monday, July 16, 2001, 6:00:43 PM, DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:

> It will soon be time for the DNSO to nominate a Board Director.  If we seek
> to have a Director that has an affinity for the General Assembly, it might be
> prudent for us to begin preparing a list of questions to pose to the
> candidates for such office.  If each of you can pose one question, we could
> rapidly compile a list of interrogatives that reflects the concerns of this
> Assembly.   If possible, we might also arrange for a debate between the
> candidates in Montevideo as part of the General Assembly session... Let me
> know your thoughts, better yet, let me know your questions.

This is certainly a good suggestion, and it is nice to see our chair
leading the way in this area.  We certainly need to start moving on to
more productive and on-topic matters than this list has been engaged
in the last couple days by the alt.chair and others.

Danny, perhaps you could share 1 or 2 questions you think would be
pertinent to get the ball rolling?

And perhaps you could put up at your personal site a "working list" of
such questions that could be used as a frame of reference?

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@userfriendly.com>