Re: [ga] Motion Accepted

Jason and all assembly members,

  Well articulated here Jason.  I am in agreement with your analysis
as well...

  The sublists are a good idea for discussing only those topics
to which the sublist is created for.  However the current motion
seems to indicate to impose on all DNSO GA participants
that they MUST discuss those topics on those designated
sublists.  This is too restrictive.  Participants on their own accord
and in their own judgment should have flexibility to bring
any post from the sublist to the GA list.

technizmo wrote:

> I disagree with the motion proposed by Patrick
> Corliss.  I believe discussion on any GA sublist is
> prejudiced for more tenured members of the GA, since
> knowledge of the sublists must first be obtained, then
> the extra initiative of subscribing to the additional
> list(s) must be taken.  This assumes, of course, that
> new members generally subscribe first to the main GA
> list, then perhaps the sublists.
>
> I do not believe that so-called "noise" on the main
> list is a significant impediment to more productive
> discussion on any topic.
>
> Conducting straw polls on separate sites is also, in
> my opinion, prejudiced against new members of the GA,
> and should not be implemented until such a procedure
> is proposed and accepted by this body.
>
> As should be obvious, I disagree with Patrick's
> argument that "insisting on formal adherence to
> the rules and procedure"[s] "undermines the process"
> of the GA.
>
> Sincerely,
> Jason Graff

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827