Re: To whose Master? - Re: [ga] MOTION - Moving Discussion Off the GA List

Derek and all assembly members,

Derek Conant wrote:

> Check out.  I'm doing things my way.  It's my way or the high way....
> Consensus?  To whose Master?  This motion may be a big mistake.  Watch.

  You are very likely right in your evaluation here.  However many of us
have been watching for a long time now.  The predictable nature
of some on the DNSO GA is unlikely to change much, that includes
myself and my representation of our members here.  At times and depending
on the relative debate and discussion, I myself have taken a position that
differs from our members and stated such.  None the less your point
here is well taken...

> other GA sub-lists is that there are too many sub-list and little
> consensus on those other lists.  It is difficult for most to keep track
> of so many lists in the first place.

  Yes, even the Alt-Chair stated that there were to many lists/sub-lists.
I agree that there are as well.

> If the GA-RULES sub-list is going to work here, there should be clear
> notice on the full GA list whenever a suspension may be warranted.  This
> may lead to a consensus process that could be the body that determines
> if a suspension is warranted, or not (GA-SUSPENSION sub-list).  What a
> headache to accomplish with this group.

  Agreed here as well...

> I believe that 5 posts per day, per person, are too few if the material
> in the posts are substantive and constructive.

  Also agreed here.  And this subject has been debated over and over
again for more than a year now.  Still no VOTE has been taken on
two separate resolutions that were seconded on this issue.

>  If there is clear abuse,
> then okay.  Apply voltage and fry the violator.  However, if there is
> not clear abuse, then lighten up.  Or else, the GA will not accomplish
> anything here related to any valid consensus process.

  Also agreed here.  Your batting 1000!  >;)

> For example, there was not clear abuse to warrant suspension of Dierker,
> Fleming, Walsh, Williams.  The suspension action in my opinion appears
> to be someone's power trip and/or the action is to inhibit and control
> free speech and process.

  That is how it looks to me as well.  The of lists posts I have received
from the Alt-Chair especially seem to indicate this is quite true.  I have
also had a number of them from the Chair as well that would tend to
indicate you are correct in this evaluation also.  Yet the prevailing
attitude goes on none the less and has for better than a year now.

> Derek Conant
> DNSGA President and Chairman
>
> Patrick Corliss wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 13 Jul 2001 02:58:01 -0700, Derel Conant wrote:
> > > How will it be determined when a matter at the GA-RULES level is
> > > acceptable criteria for review by the full GA?
> >
> > Consensus.

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827