Re: [ga] Suspension of Dierker, Fleming, Walsh, Williams

Eric and all assembly members,

 I happen to agree with you here Eric.  But it seems that the List
monitors bowed to pressure from the Alt-chair and possibly the chair.
As such, we are CENSORED.

Eric Dierker wrote:

> Open and transparent. Who made the complaint and what were the reasons
> and
> other people that had an impact? Otherwise I will protest because this
> is closed
> and motivated.
>
> Here is the problem unless others missed it;
>
> Corliss and Morfin did not get banned.  Politics at their best.
>
> Flemming is right on point, that is if Younger is!
> Walsh uses a grown up tongue-- end of story.
> Williams had major contributions and is ready for the GA Rep UDRP.
>
> Who complained and who contacted the monitors within 15 days of the
> decision.
> That would be open and transparent.  This is not bottoms-up.
>
> Do not respond to any of these issues and I will raise them elsewhere.
> As it
> stands now the GA has no representative interest in the Stakeholders.
>
> The USG and the DoC has been duped into believing this is a
> representative body when it is in fact not.  It only represents top down
> decisions and consensus, because dissent is not tolerated.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Patrick Corliss wrote:
>
> > Hi William
> >
> > It is appropriate to respond on the [ga] list.  However, I don't believe it
> > is an issue that warrants continuing discussion.
> >
> > On Thu, 12 Jul 2001 19:10:58 -0700, William X. Walsh wrote:
> > > Doesn't matter.  Not having a reasonable limit on time frames lends
> > > itself to a situation where someone annoys a monitor, and that person
> > > goes back and looks for a reason to sanction.
> >
> > Under the current system, the List Monitors respond to complaints made.
> > They do not trawl through posts looking for a reason to suspend somebody.
> >
> > > I was told something off list that suggested that this had occurred
> > > here, that Danny had in fact told the monitors to justify suspensions.
> >
> > Danny made a complaint publicly.  However, the list monitors were already
> > processing a number of complaints.  As you know, many of these were copied
> > to the persons complained about.
> >
> > > However, I have a hard time believing that either Kristy or Alexander
> > > would entertain such a request or direction, so I don't lend it much
> > > credibility.
> >
> > Both Kristy and Alexander perform their duties with care and the utmost
> > professionalism.  As you might be aware, there have been a large niumber of
> > complaints to deal with.
> >
> > > The only thing that does lend some credibility to the
> > > suggestion is the close proximity to the chair's postings regarding
> > > these same people.
> >
> > Any complaint made by Danny is treated in exactly the same way as a
> > complaint made by any other person.  The list monitors adjudicate based on
> > the merits of the complaint and not the status of the person making it.
> >
> > > Best regards,
> > > William X Walsh <william@userfriendly.com>
> >
> > Patrick Corliss
> > patrick@quad.net.au

> [...]

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827