Re: [ga] Motion to the Chair

Hello DannyYounger,

I again call for your resignation.

Sunday, July 08, 2001, 10:25:31 PM, DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:

> I share his assessment.  Having heard comments tonight to the effect that it
> is acceptable to regularly break the rules as long as they are not
> excessively broken on any one day, and other comments to the effect that all
> our rules are "illegitimate", I can re-affirm that Joop is correct in his
> observations.

No, you can't.

> I did not post my comments to ga-abuse, because I was hoping that an
> admonition from the Chair might serve to cut down on excessive postings.   I
> can see now that this will not be the case.  No matter what time zone you are
> in, when you see numbers like 8,10,13 posts per day, it is obvious that some
> have chosen not to respect the rules.  Those that have little respect for
> rules will typically have little respect for those that abide by the rules,
> hence the surfeit of complaints to ga-abuse.

In your sampling, there was 1 poster on 1 day with 10 posts, none with
13, 4 that you allege had 8 post days (but on review, turns out they
didn't after all, when you abide by their time zones).

As a matter of fact, even going into your 6 post charges, in checking
them, you will find that in fact there were only 4, NOT 11, when you
apply the time zone rules.

Many people, including myself, are very time zone aware.  For example,
a previous post made just minutes ago was actually written about an
hour ago, and saved to post today.  This one I waited to respond to
until after 12am as well.

You were rather free with your accusations of abuse, but you didn't
even take the time to check your accusations to see if in fact they
were accurate according to the rules.

I have to agree with Patrick, in that your charges are actually
abusive as well.

> It was my hope that we could all mutually arrive at a solution to deal with
> this problem that wouldn't have to involve the imposition of sanctions on our
> members.

I have one.  Resign, you and Patrick.  Let the new chair come in and
untie the hands of the moderators so that they act on their own
initiative, and the chair accepts the role of reviewing sanctions for
appropriateness.

And might I suggest that next time you do some better fact checking
before floating irresponsible and false accusations.

I ask for other members to support a call for you and Patrick to step
down as a  result of your actions, and your inability to lead this
assembly, and Patrick's unsuitability for his position and propensity
to take take his "position" too far.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@userfriendly.com>