Re: [ga] King Philip's Proclamation to the Colony

On Thu, Jul 05, 2001 at 09:10:38PM -0400, DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:

[. polemics deleted .]

> We are witnessing an attack on the intent of the ByLaws.  It is the "bodies
> of the GA" that are charged with "carrying out the substantive work of the
> DNSO", not Task Forces appointed by the NC.

The GA is defined as all the participants in the DNSO; therefore TFs
are "bodies of the GA".

> These "bodies" shall invite
> "each recognized constituency to participate".  The only role set
> aside for the NC is the "management" of these GA "bodies".

From my dictionary: "manage: to direct, control, handle; to direct
business affairs".

In other words, the NC has direct responsibility for making the DNSO
work.  There is no management role assigned to the "chair of the GA" in
the bylaws; there is no decision-making role assigned to the GA in the
bylaws.  The GA is just a collective term for the total membership of
the DNSO; it is not a separate deliberative body.

> These issues should be brought to the attention of the Board.

Yes, I agree that the Board should take charge.  Self-management of the
GA has obviously failed.

--
Kent Crispin                               "Be good, and you will be