RE: [ga] language legalities

Paul Svensson did say:

> On the NeuLevel www.nic.biz webpage it's stated:
>> Due to legal restrictions, all legal forms and documents are available in
English only.

> Could someone explain what's the issue here,
> what restrictions are they referring to ?

This is only a guess at the reasons, I have no 'inside' knowledge of
NeuLevel and I am not a lawyer nor play one on TV.

This issue in providing contracts in different languages is they each have
variations that are not always apparent when first written. This then means
as contracts are changed and tweaked the points of difference start to grow
and the contract in, say, Spanish offers different rights than say the one
in Kanji. So to make it easy on NeuLevel they have appeared to say 'ok, lets
just offer it in English'. On a personal side I would expect that if a
contract was in Kanji then the court of the land would be Japan where I
think NeuLevel would not want it to be.

The GA often has trouble agreeing on meaning or understanding of words
(consensus and wanton come to mind) and we are (to the large degree) only
using English to communicate with each other).

Steven Heath