Re: [ga] Wanton Refusal of Names Council

Hi Roberto

> Can't these issues be solved among Chairpeople+Secretariat without needing
> public proclaims on a public list? What is the real purpose of this post?

The *real* purpose of the post is exactly what it says.  Just read Philip's
posts to get a flavour of the attitude of the Names Council.  Hardly a
client relationship.

> Moreover, it seems to me that everything is being originated by a
> misunderstanding, as the request is to still let the message through
> [ga-abuse], but block it on [ga], which should not have additional policy
> decisions by the GA. Hence a polite private exchange could solve it.

I have written to Elisabeth and Philip on many occasions to no effect.

> Incidentally, we created specialized lists to limit the general traffic on
> the GA main list. To increase the traffic on the main list with messages
> that should stay private is going in the opposite direction.

True.  I made a very similar comment myself.

> (P.S.: what on earth means "Wanton"?)

Dictionary.com has some interesting explanations at:
http://www.dictionary.com/cgi-bin/dict.pl?term=wanton&db=*

There are several meanings most of which relate, in some way, to the
behaviour of a spoilt child.  The one I was using was capricious or unjust
as in "wanton destruction".  It could also be perverse, difficult,
malicious, rebellious or unprovoked.

There are several connotations which indicate casual sex or unrestrained
morality.  I was clearly not using that particular meaning in my reference
to "wanton refusal".

Best regards
Patrick Corliss