Re: [ga] New domain name policy issue + + + DNDEF

Joop Teernstra wrote:

> <snip>
> Are there other ways to compel registrars to co-operate with transfer
> requests?<snip>

The issue of what exactly *is* being transferred is of seminal importance here.  If
we could get that cleared up, the rest could be dealt with according to a uniform
code.

BTW Joanna Lane sent me the following to add to our list Joop:

>Domain Names are assigned through a registration process that identifies,
>publishes and sells the physical contact details of registrants.

I think I'd like to add a few more myself at this time:

Domain Names can be transferred from registrar to registrar (usually).

Domain Name prices vary, as do the ancillary services provided with registration by
the various registrars.

Domain Names are publications, as they allow for communication of information to
the public.

Domain Names are created by the original registrant.

Domain Names can be registered from one up to ten years.

Domain Names are convenient points of reference.

Domain Names that exactly resemble natural language words or phrases are generally
the most coveted.

Sincerely,

Sotiris Sotiropoulos