[ga] Quorum and Definition

I believe it is time that this General Assembly considered a resolution
on what constitutes a valid quorum requirement for the validity of any
future voting.  If this is not established, we can talk till the sky
falls.

The next step is the definition of what a domain name is in fact, not in
some nebulous or partisan legal haze.  At no other time in History has a
public resource remained undefined in terms of its estimated ontic
significance and value for so long (not to mention its economic
weight).  I disagree with Dr. Cerf when he says that the ontological
definition of a domain name is something that WIPO should handle.  WIPO
should be involved in its definition, but they are not solely qualified
to determine the character of domain names.  I believe it is clearly the
task of the Domain Name Supporting Organization to confirm a definition
position on domain names.  If this question were to be unequivocally
settled, it would go a long way to solving many of the perceived and
apparent domain name policy issues that the DNSO could conceivably be
faced with.  (I also wish to point out that I found Milton Mueller's
proposal of a three-year holdership confirmation of rights to a domain
name in Stockholm to have been a thought-step in the right direction at
this stage).

Sincerely,

Sotiris Sotiropoulos