Re: [ga] Re: [announce] GA election to designate its representative to the NC Review TF

And I agree. Clearly, one cannot oversee the fairness of an election or
nomination process in which one has already been nominated. Without
any reference to Kent Crispin himself, of course, the "fairness" of the
nomination process could be manipulated so that those persons whom
the nominee thought might be a "dangerous" candidates against that
person's own ambitions could be "disqualified" for trumped-up reasons.

(Unless, of course, the nominee's nomination was refused.)

If the DNSO does not have a rule which removes candidates on
anything from any watchdog role over the particular election in which
the person is a candidate, it should be drafting one right now.

Bill Lovell

L Gallegos wrote:

> IMO, that's a conflict.
>
> Leah
>
> On 25 Jun 2001, at 11:17, Joop Teernstra wrote:
>
> > At 12:29 24/06/01 +0200, DNSO Secretariat wrote:
> >

> > >      Any instances of fraudulent nominations should be reported to this
> > >      committee at the following email address: ga-watchdog@dnso.org, with a
> > >      copy to the Names Council at council@dnso.org, This committee and the
> > >      Names Council shall have the sole discretion as to how to deal with any
> > >      such reported activity.
> > >
> > >      Watchdog Committee list archive in
> > >      http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga-watchdog/Arc00/
> > >
> > >      The members to the Watchdog Committee in 2001 election are:
> > >         o Roberto Gaetano
> > >         o Harald Alvestrand
> > >         o Kent Crispin
> > >         o Dany Vandromme
> > >         o Alexander Svensson
> > >         o Izumi Aizu
> >
> > But Kent Crispin has just been nominated as a candidate himself by Ken Stubbs.
> >
> > Can he be a watchdog while being a candidate?
> >

> > --Joop--
> > Founder of the Cyberspace Association.
> > Former bootstrap of the IDNO (www.idno.org)
> > Developer of    The Polling Booth
> > www.democracy.org.nz
> >

> > --
> > This message was passed to you via the ga-full@dnso.org list.

Any terms or acronyms above that are not familiar
to the reader may possibly be explained at:
"WHAT IS": http://whatis.techtarget.com/
GLOSSARY: http://www.icann.org/general/glossary.htm