Re: [ga] Re: Restructuring ICANN

I was discussing nothing of the sort!  I was discussing the inner and outer
politicking going on within the GA of the 1/3 Names which has a written
structure which is ignored when it fits certain political interests.  It is
quite clear here that it was restructured as a behind the scenes deal making
process with swapping support and agendas.  Compomises were made and goodies
handed out for going along.

Interesting how Harald was immediately placed on the monitoring committee after
going against his own rules in order that Corliss would become alternate chair
without the second election as set forth in the rules. Doubly interesting that
Corliss now touts his list as opposed to one created by the chair.  But it is
clear that the major deal was made based upon the restructuring, the trouble is
they did not make it clear what they were restructuring and now they are having
a falling out that has spilled publicly.

The Corliss/Harald connection is made even more clear in Corliss' recent
unfounded attack against Mr. Williams for revealing an inconsistency in
position. Especially when the issue was really about delegation of a TLD what
could be more germane to the 1/3 Names.

Sincerely,