Re: [ga] Re: Observations

Jeff Williams wrote:

> Danny wrote:

> > Part of the problem is that in knowing who is the author of any particular
> > message, we have those among us who revel in the prospect of attacking the
> > messenger.
>
>   Indeed, and I suggested over a year ago now that the Headers of each
> subscriber should be mask for this forum.  Ed Gerck, at one time had
> a Forum discussing these issue set up in this manner.  I found it very
> well run and did eliminate allot of the personal attacks.

That was at the MCG.  We used a short keyed hash (MAC) from the address to define
a number for each participant.  Participants could disclose their name, or not.  We
had many competing companies/individuals participating, and everyone enjoyed
a good discussion atmosphere. The Perl code modification to majordomo is available
at no charge if this list wants to use it. Please contact me.  This would be a good solution
to help defuse the DNS war.

Cheers,

Ed Gerck