Re: [ga] Austerity measures

Brian and all assembly members,

  I am in agreement with you as it seems a number of others are as well.

I also share Phillips concern as well.  I stated almost a year ago when
Harald and Roberto decided to dictate List Rules that those rules
should be determined by the GA membership or at least LEGITIMATELY
VOTED upon.  They were not.  As such we now find ourselves in a
predicament that is embarrassing and terribly unnecessary.  But this is
the
sort of thing that happens when you try to engage in social
engineering...

Brian Appleby wrote:

>    Hello,
>
> I am on the ga-full list but not the moderated list and do not receive
> two
> copies of each message.
>
> Somehow the data must be in error?
>
> Personally I see no need for the moderated list.  If  some people do
> not
> like what others are saying, ignore them.  I would like to hear
> everyone
> all the time, then I can choose who to ignore.
>
> And I never did see any reason why Eric was banned: I did go through
> the
> messages referenced in the announcement but did not see the comments
> which
> could validate the decision.    The new lists shunt members away from
> each
> other into smaller meeting rooms.   How about one,  full, interesting
> list
> and keep life simple and free?
>
> I really don't know why people would subscribe to the moderated list
> and
> not the full list.
>
> Regards,
> Brian Appleby
>
> At 10:30 AM 5/15/01 +0200, Philip Sheppard wrote:
> >Thomas, thanks for the link to the archives. Doesn't this highlight
> the
> >issue? There is vast duplication.
> >
> >Looking at other DNSO stats
> >the ga moderated list has 299 members
> >the ga full list has 10 members all of whom are members of the ga
> moderated
> >list.
> >
> >What is being gained here? At best ga members receive each message
> twice.
> >Isn't this list the result of a supposed problem that has not
> happened?
> >Philip

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827