Re: [ga] Stockholm

Jefsey and all assembly members,

Jefsey Morfin wrote:

> Dear Patrick,
> I certainly prefer seeing you going to Stockholm than me.
>
> Would anyone on this list run a business where he could
> take credit card conditionnally. I mean I would be ready
> subscribing $ 200 on a credit card, if the money was
> retruned to me in case Patrick could not make it?

  LOL!  Not hardly!

> Your help appreciated. Patrick is the dumbest person
> I know so he does not understand that he opposes quite
> everything I stand for.

  I am sure that Patrick cannot help his shortcomings on the
intelligence front!.  >;)   With allot of therapy and some
work on his part he may be able to improve in this area.
For his sake lets hope so!

> Sending him to Stockholm to
> represent me would be a good brain opening experience
> for him we could all benefit from.  :-)
>
> I do hope we could make it: we voted for he guy!

  The Chair, Danny Younger is going.  So as far as representation
from the GA admin goes, there is not need for Patrick to go.  Hence
he can provide his own funding should he wish to attend on his own
behalf.

> Jefsey
>
> PS. My evaluation is more $ 2500 from my own
>       guestimates for the Melbourne meeting.
>
> On 16:45 13/05/01, Patrick Corliss said:
> >Hi Jefsey
> >
> >On Sun, 13 May 2001 13:55:12 +0200, you wrote:
> >
> > > PS. Patrick did you evaluate the cost of
> > > your travel you cannot cover? I think you
> > > should get real about it. As long as you
> > > do not say "I need $ 2787.23" no one is
> > > going to think about how much he could
> > > commit.
> >
> >I was interested Chris McElroy and Bret Fausett suggesting solutions
> >such as sponsorships for the travel costs to Stockholm.  I have also had
> >the following private offer:
> >
> > > What would be the possibility of asking for donations from the GA list
> > > members personally, or the companies that they are with. I'm more or less
> > > a "one man shop " but would be able to contribute $100.00. or $150.00 US
> > > to a fund to send at least 1 Representative from the DNSO GA
> >
> >The Chair is coming from the US where fares are cheaper than Australia.
> >
> >In my case, a local travel agent tells me that a return fare from Sydney,
> >Australia to Stockholm, Sweden, would be $2,300 Australian.  Apparently it's
> >a high season and Australia is quite far.  I do not know the current rate of
> >exchange but a rule of thumb is about half.  That makes US$1,150.  A pure
> >guess is that hotel expenses might be $100 a day.  Extras would be food,
> >airport taxes, shuttle bus and other such sundries.
> >
> >The NC budget suggested US$4,000 but did not make the funds available.
> >I'm very economical and think a reasonable amount would be US $2,000.
> >
> >I thank the person who offered support.  I would certainly appreciate any
> >sponsorship offers from registrars or other such companies.
> >
> >Thank you all for your kindness
> >Patrick Corliss
> >Alternate Chair.

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827