Re: [ga] Stockholm

Derek and all assembly members,

  I have to agree with you conclusion here Derek.  I said this some time
ago also.  It seems fairly obvious to me that the DNSO GA has systemic
problems it need to deal with internally before andy other progress can be
made.  The single biggest problem is that the ML's need to be open
to all and banning should never be allowed.  This would be a great
step forward IMHO.  Another would be to clean up the election
process on the DNSO GA.  A third would be to remove Patrick
Corliss as Alt chair and hold another election for a replacement.
I believe that Mr. Corliss has shown to everyone that he wishes to
push an agenda upon the Assembly members that they are not
interested in and is not coming from the assembly member in the
first place.  This is not a role that a Chair or Alt Chair should be
doing.

Derek Conant wrote:

> I will also be in Stockholm.  It will be nice to visit Sweden.  However, it
> will be interesting to see if anything productive can come from the DNSO.
> Lately, I have not seen the DNSO accomplish anything that benefits the
> domain name industry or ICANN, through the GA, or otherwise.  I see
> participants who appear to have made the DNSO and GA only a pastime, rather
> than a serious endeavor.  Why should ICANN or anyone else for that matter
> fund a GA representative's trip to Stockholm?
>
> Derek Conant
> DNSGA President and Chairman
>
> "babybows.com" wrote:
>
> > I will be in Stockholm.  It is my hope that Patrick will be there also.
> >
> > I look forward to a lively session.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Danny Younger
> >
> > --

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827