RE: [ga] domain name owner's bill of rights

Peter

From prespective of responding fast to individual issues of this type aired on public list I have found NSI to be the most responsive.

The registar in this case was register.com; In all fairness to them I must state that I don't have any issue with them making a counter offer. I think that's a legitimate business practice and makes good sense to them from business standpoint as well as to us from consumer standpoint.

My issue with them is them rejecting the transfer because I did not respond in time to them despite having given explicit approval required for transfer. I have unease with registers imposing mandatory processes of their own.

From public pressure standpoint, things might work in a (very) long run from larger perspective - we know from early NSI experiences; but again, at what cost to individuals that get burnt in a meanwhile ? Will they ever be justice to them ?

Maybe if we had some leverage with the renewal/revalidation/revokal of approved register status. The very fact, hopefully, should keep bad practices (unapproved extra judicary) in check.

Sri