Re: [ga] What makes a corporation?

Roeland Meyer wrote:

> It certainly appears that way Ollie...

You may be right, Stan. If that were the case, corrective measures
would be required.  Among the responses (not necessarilty to me,
but back and forth between others), I find the spectre of the large
corporation having huge voting power, since they sell votes and
they can pile up endlessly. (It is only in this kind of weird Internet
context that the selling of votes, with prices listed, is announced to
the world.)  So the next question is, what good are they? Is it not
the BoD that ultimately makes the decisions on various things? I
have seen nothing that would legally bind the BoD to do anything
-- except as some have pointed out, abide by the Bylaws and
have a DNSO.  But where does it say that those things on which the
DNSO speaks out, presumably on the basis of what its various
constituencies have voted to do, must be followed by the BoD?
And if the BoD does its own thing regardless, what recourse is
there?  I can think of a few, but would like to be educated as to
what viable options really exist.  (One suggestion I saw a few
days ago, that everyone boycott so that the DNSO disappears,
I don't see as viable.)

Bill Lovell