RE: [ga] MOTION: Request for a GA resolution on an IDN holders' constituency (IC)

I think that to propose the creation of an IC it at least needs a little
definition to go along with it rather than just implied on the subject line.

in general there are
1)the mass of users
2)some of those produce content or contribute in some way to the overall net
3)some control a single (non-transient) computer that makes up part of the
internet
4)some can exercise control of several computers  that are part of the
internet
5)some control large numbers of computers on the internet
6)some control vast chunks of internet resources both computers and pipes
7) ICANN wants one root to bind them

I think that we need to explicitly specify the level to be represented,
e.g.. IDNO requires 3, at-large implies 2
Individuals constituency sounds like it is open to 1 (although active
participation would bump them into 2)

I would love to see a constituency at level 3  recognised but at any lower
level it would need mass numbers of members to hold any authority to speak
on their behalf.

Please re-word the motion such that IC is defined or referenced to a
previous definition. I am likely to second once done.

Does it require:
* control of at least one DNS style domain name
* a non-transient computer  publicly connected (is not a number just another
name?)
* contribution of content (almost everybody, but there are now freeweb sites
poping up on freenet and there is no real physical computer that you can pin
down and Freenet Name Service may one day rival DNS {one can dream})

	cya,	Andrew...