Re: [ga] domain name owner's bill of rights

WXW and all assembly members,

  I must agree with WXW on this issue.  Register.com has been a
persistent abuser of domain name owners/registrants for some time.
Many incidents have been reported to the ICANN BoD and there
seems to be no response that is publicly known as to these
complaints regarding Register.com's practices.  It is for these
reasons amongst a host of others, the we [INEGroup] support

William X. Walsh wrote:

> Hello Peter,
>
> Monday, May 07, 2001, 4:13:27 AM, Peter de Blanc wrote:
>
> > I would like to know who that registrar is, so i do not try to use them in
> > the future.
>
> > Publication of such information may cause them to modify their behaviour.
>
> Register.com is the most gross offender along these lines, but
> Registrars.com also engaged in this practice.
>
> Tucows recently asked for Verisign to revoke Register.com's
> accreditation as a result of these actions.
>
> Broad publication hasn't seem to make them care one iota so far.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> William X Walsh
> mailto:william@userfriendly.com
> Owner, Userfriendly.com
> Userfriendly.com Domains
> The most advanced domain lookup tool on the net

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827