[ga] New Mailing Lists Are Now Open !!

Chair, Members DNSO GA
Names Council, DNSO Secretariat

As flaggrd by the Chair on Wednesday 25 April 2001, six new mailing lists
have now been set up by the DNSO Secretariat as follows:

[ga-ext]          DNSO External Relationships
[ga-int]           DNSO Internal Processes
[ga-sys]         Domain Name Systems
[ga-roots]      Competitive Roots
[ga-tm]           Trade Marks & IP
[ga-review]    GA DNSO Review

A mission and/or suggested agenda for each of these has been posted to the
[ga] mailing list in the past few days.  These have now been re-posted, with
a few minor adjustments, to the relevant list.  The archives can be examined
as follows:

GA Specific Purposes Lists, setup on 30 April 2001
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga-ext/Arc00/, External Relationships
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga-int/Arc00/, Internal Processes
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga-sys/Arc00/, Systems
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga-roots/Arc00/, Competitive Roots
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga-tm/Arc00/, Trade Marks-IP
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga-review/Arc00/, GA DNSO Review

It was not thought sensible to carry over the entire GA membership to each
of these lists so members will need to subscribe to the list/s of their
choice.  This is done in the same way as for the main list, i.e. by sending
an email to Majordomo@dnso.org with the appropriate message in the text.

subscribe ga-ext
subscribe ga-int
subscribe ga-sys
subscribe ga-roots
subscribe ga-tm
subscribe ga-review

I subscribed to the lists individually but the list software may allow
mutiple lines to be included in one mesage.  If so, this will be an easier
option to subscribe.

On behalf of the DNSO General Assembly, I'd like to thank the Names Council
for providing this facility and the DNSO Secretariat for setting it up.  I'm
sure that these new lists will allow us to focus on our objectives much more
easily.

I'm also sure that members will be keen to volunteer their services to Chair
these new lists according to their personal preferences and interests.  With
a little effort, we should be able to achieve a worthwhile consensus before
we reach Stockholm.

Thank you all.

Patrick Corliss
Co-Chair, DNSO GA