[ga] China?[Re: Additional Mailing Lists]

At 16:02 22.04.2001 -0400, LDG wrote:
>I realize that you are considering only the roots, and of those, only the
>ones that have been listed thus far.  Have you considered the countries
>who are launching roots because of dissatisfaction with ICANN - China,
>for example?  If you think it will end there, you are wrong.  Any entity
>using the DNS must be noticed by ICANN and the topic is very relevant
>to the GA.

*has* China launched an alternate root?
If so, what is the published IP addresses of its root servers?

the reason for asking is that the number of actions attributed to China is
often quite large; without adequate documentation, it is impossible to know
for sure whether or not a given claim is true.

Unlike many other things, an alternate root connected to the global
Internet can be identified relatively easily.

[this message should be sent on the 23rd, if my mail system does what I
want. I have already said enough on the 22nd....]