From: "Dave Crocker" <dhc2@dcrocker.net>
To: "Bruce James" <bmj@keyname.net>
Cc: "[GA]" <ga@dnso.org>
Sent: Saturday, April 21, 2001 20:02
Subject: Re: [ga] FUNDING

At 05:20 PM 4/21/2001, Bruce James wrote:
>Dave:
>
>     I do sit on 3 non-profit Boards. This is a IRS requirement. Read Pub
>557. You will see I am correct with regards to 501(c)(3) standards.

Citing an entire 55 page document does not provide provide substantiation.

Bruce, you are carefully failing to provide substantiating detail. I wonder
why?

You will see that you are NOT correct.

Since you are the one putting forward a claim of mis-performance, you have
an obligation to provide enough detail to make clear that the claim is
valid.

That does not mean just quoting a particular piece of text from an IRS
publication -- though you have not even done THAT.  It also means
connecting the dots -- citing each of the relevant IRS qualifications or
dis-qualifications and relating them to relevant ICANN documents to show
their applicability.

Somehow, the idea that your claim is correct, and that ICANN's attorneys
and accountants are not... well, it will be interesting to see you prevail
on the details.

d/