Re: [ga] Reply to Danny

Dave and all remaining assembly members,

DPF wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Apr 2001 17:51:58 -0700, Eric Dierker wrote:
>
> It also is the reason for the constant attacks on due process, or
> >should I say lack thereof.
>
> This is very well but you lose credibility when you keep on and on
> about something.  I mean this as constructive advice.

  I am sure that Eric appreciates your constructive advice Dave, I know
I do.  However in this instance and others that are of similar importance
this advice is questionable if any resolution that is equitable, Fair,
reasonable
and accountable is to ever be obtained.

> If I think something is wrong or process was unfair (like I did over
> suspension of Mr Walsh) I will make my point, perhaps reply to a
> couple of posts on it and then move on.

  That's fine.  And it is of course your choice as to how to properly
address a bad and wrong process.  However it does not go very far
in correcting that the unfairness, does it?  And if that unfairness or
wrong act is not corrected, it has a tendency to creep into other
situations as a result.  Thereby making the process more unfair, wrong
or otherwise indiscriminate.  I personally fine that not very reasonable
or productive.

> Likewise regarding the Verisign agreements.  I was aghast at the
> process (as were the Names Council) but after the point had bene made
> on this, I moved on to debating the substance of the agreements.

  Without good process, any discussion or debate regarding substance
is inconsistent with good resolution or any resolution at all, as it was
with the Verisign Contracts, the UDRP, the WXW situation, ect... ect...

> Yes process is important but we should make sure we do not tie
> ourselves into knots over every thing we are unhappy with, at the cost
> of blocking debate on other issues.

  Agreed.  And I don't see any of Eric's comments/remarks going in this
direction.  I DO see Eric's remarks focusing on obtaining a fair,
reasonable
and unbiased resolution however....

  You see Dave, just ignoring a problem doesn't make it go away or
be solved.  It can make the future even worse for the next situation...

> DPF
> --
> david@farrar.com
> ICQ 29964527

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827