[ga] Re: Revenue Model

Sorry for leaving the long posts still fully attached but the discussion is
extremely relevant.  WHAT IS ICANN'S REVENUE MODEL?

The following have been denied due to lack of funding;
Translations,
Webcasting,
Outreach & Education,
GA chair funding,
continuing work group lists,
Increased sectretariat staffing

The following are being charged when presumably services to them should be free;
ccTLDs
Non-comercial constituency

In most cultures being to broke to pay your bills is a sign of irresponsibility or
laziness, what is ICANN's excuse?

Do we have a sponsorship staff?  Do we have an outreach and membership drive
committee?  Do we have grant writers?  Do we have coprorate partnerships for
advertising?  Have we asked anyone for underwriting?

Somebody needs to get serious here, this is not a teenage fan club.  There are
millions upon millions out there waiting to be spent on Non-profits.

The GA chair should be fully salaried along with a staff.  We need full time polling
booths to fulfill our charter.  If I were the Chairman I would be advising my CEO
get it done or hit the road.  Any non-profit CEO knows the preceding and if ICANN is
failing without doing the preceding then we need a new CEO real bad and real fast.

Sincerely,