Re: [ga] Final Posting on List Rules and Protocols

Hello Patrick,

Wednesday, April 18, 2001, 6:07:35 PM, Patrick Corliss wrote:

> The Chair cc Members & List Monitors

> Please note this is my final posting unless the issue is on the agenda for
> proper discussion.  I regret that my attempts have been so miscontrued.

No, you regret that you got called for your attempt to expand and
extend the rules without proper mandate, and that you exceeded your
authority believing you had some "mandate" to do so based on the
"agenda" you ran on.

That the former chair and co-chair were able to dig up an esoteric
reference to help you justify your act is of no relevance.  The fact
that it took such an old and esoteric reference to provide ANY
justifications for your actions speaks loudly about whether those
actions were in fact appropriate.

> I have been subjected to a number of insults and personal attacks, on both
> the restricted and full GA lists.  These are, in my opinion, contrary to the
> list
> rules which state that "respect to the participants is mandatory".  All messages
> must also observe a minimum of decorum, including "not indulging in personal
> attacks, insults or slander".

No one has issued a personal attack against you.  The issues are with
your BEHAVIOR and ACTIONS, which are even MORE on topic with regard to
you than other GA members, since those behaviors and actions come from
one entrusted with the position of alternate GA Chair.

No one has slandered you.  I challenge you to provide proof of your
assertions or apologize to the list members immediately.

--
Best regards,
 William                            mailto:william@userfriendly.com