[ga] ICANN vs ANS

I really see no difference today with this question and there was years ago with "radio".  The USG through its FCC regulated US the radio spectrum. Each country regulated its "part" of the radio spectrum.

We still have "short" wave and "long" wave. Most of the world uses "short" wave radios. Most of the US uses 'Long" wave radios. (AM &FM) We still have only one big spectrum!

Think  "USG-ICANN-legacy root" as the USG FCC, think of the pirate ships off shore or in Mexico as the "Alternative Name Spaces- Alternative Name gTLDs".

In radio, when one "approved" station is broadcasting and a "Pirate" is broadcasting you get "crosstalk". You might hear one or the other and sometimes both mixed.

The Internet is the same, one big spectrum!

I now ask this group to read your history about the early days of radio and how things worked out to the World Governments favor.  History will repeat itself!

/Bruce

p.s. I do have and operate three Alt. gTLDs,  just in case I am wrong!