RE: [ga] Call for a Working Group

We tried to "make it happen" in WG-C. That group was rat-holed.

> 2.  The debate on this topic, over a period of years, has not
> produced an discernible, neither practical nor theoretical.  What is the
> basis for believing that anything other than further delay will be the
> result of this effort, now?

Because "certain parties" behave as if they had a vested interest in NOT
coming to some sort of agreement on this and keep rat-holing the
discussions. I, for one, have been trying to get this to happen for a very
long time. The straw-man for this has been around since 1998 and was posted
in WG-C.

> 3.  Why should the independent actions of registration activities of
> independent namespaces be of any concern to us?
>
> This is exactly the sort of activity that suggests an
> interest in endless
> debate than in providing users with new TLDs...

This sort of argument suggests a lack of willingness to come to a conclusion
on this issue, unless it is the conslusion espoused by the arguer. The
"endless debate" comes from polarized positions and a willingness to not
have any conclusions, rather than the one that would compromise theirs. IOW,
the old "my way or the highway" mentality. If I recall correctly, that's
exactly what both you and Kent got nailed on, in WG-C. The absence of both
of you, would probably allow such a WG to succeed.