Re: Re[2]: [ga] collisions in namespace (was gTLD Constituency)

> ONE director (Hans K.) stated that that would be a good reason to award it
> to Afilias anyway, Vint Cerf had reservations, it was debated briefly and
> the majority of the Board decided to back away from such a confrontational
> decision.

That same director was dead-set against IOD in part because it proposed
to be both registry and registrar. Even after pledging to accept registrars
immediately, that director said that being both a registry and a registrar
"[went] against everything we've worked for" over the past 2 years.

That same director then voted for the new Verisign contracts, making
them both registry and registrar for .com forever.

Hello?

Christopher