Re: [ga] Question No. 1

Kendall,

>The problem with the "non-governmental framework" is that this private
>corporation is being used to route around thinks like the Administrative
>Procedure Act (APA) and accountability. They can do pretty much whatever
>they want without any sort of explanation to anyone.

I agree, but that's what we've got.
Incidentally, the major entity opposing a "governmental" solution, was USG,
for those who remember. I did not like it, but I don't see how it can be
changed now (unless ICANN fails, which I do not hope either).

The reason is very simple, IMHO.
If the decision was going to be "governmental", it could not have been
possibly anything less than an international agreement. In this way, USG
keeps almost complete control, without getting into troubles with other
governments.

Regards
Roberto