RE: Re[2]: [ga] serious participation in ICANN processes

At 02:21 AM 4/9/2001, Dassa wrote:
>This is one area that the UDRP really disappoints me.  It should be a
>mechanism
>to a handle ALL domain disputes and not just trademark issues.

It is important to crawl before walking.  The UDRP is rather experimental,
given its global implication.  Hence it is important to start with the
narrowest mechanism possible, to limit the damage if there are serious
problems.  (Please see your previous postings for examples of such concerns.)

There were attempts to expand the scope of the UDRP but they were -- very
wisely -- resisted.

d/