Re: [ga] List Decorum - Propogation

Patrick and all remaining assembly members,

  As has been the practice of those of us that have been involved in
the internet for many years, I routed around "Damage"  I would do
so again if I felt that insuring that as many "Interested Parties" in these
discussions and debates would or may be interested.

  More comments below Patricks...

Patrick Corliss wrote:

> Hi Kristy
>
> Jeff William has been suspended from the [ga] list by the list monitor.

  Yes I have, and I contend as do others unjustifiable...

> I can't believe that anybody would take Jeff Williams seriously.  If you examine
> his postings you will find that most are content-free.  However they are copied
> to everybody he can think of whether they had anything to do with the original
> post or not.  For example:

  You are of course entitled to your opinion.  Others are entitled to theirs,
as am I.

> From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com>
> To: Kristy McKee <k@widgital.com>
> Cc: Roberto Gaetano <ga_chair@hotmail.com>; <rmeyer@mhsc.com>;
> <jandl@jandl.com>; <ga@dnso.org>; <jefsey@wanadoo.fr>; <Harald@alvestrand.no>;
> Patrick Corliss <patrick@quad.net.au>; Kevin Connolly <connollyk@rspab.com>;
> Danny Younger <webmaster@babybows.com>
> Sent: Saturday, April 07, 2001 8:51 AM (AEST)
> Subject: Re: [ga] serious participation in ICANN processes
>
> If any of those addressed replies using "Reply All" then the message is
> propogated further.  As Jeff William includes the [ga] list in the addressees,
> his original email makes it to the list from which he has been suspended.
>
> On top of that Jeff Williams posts [ga] messages to Netsol's Domain Policy List
> in a manner that gives the impression that they are [ga] postings.  As the
> Netsol list does not allow cross-postings, and he knows that, he must make a
> separate posting.  An example is as follows:

  I as a representitive/spokesman for our members and a stakeholder myself
do indeed have an interest in Domain Policy and have had for a number of
years off, as is well documented.  Hence your contention here borders on
the insane.

>  Almost all of his claims are quite
> false as is demonstrated in his sigfile which I won't bother to repeat --
> everybody has seen it thousands of times.   One example created a stir:
>
> > Two other candidates DO support these basic principals....
>
> Although he claims to respect people's privacy, he actually has no regard for
> that of others.  Jeff will also use all sorts of threats and innuendos (and I
> have ample evidence of this).

  I am very interested in stakeholders being able to provide in part for
their own privacy, not restricted from so.  Anyone that sends me E-Mail
that is related to a public issue is in fact making a public statement or comment,
whether or not it is sent strictly to me or to a public mailing list.  Otherwise
if it is personal information, I have never sent that type of info to any
public mailing list.

> Other tricks include forging email headers and
> using alter egos like "Bob Davis".  As well as driving people away from the
> list, this behaviour lowers the trust that we have in each other.

  I have never forged any Mailing headers.  If you have an example
please post it.  Bob Davis is his own person and has stated such
on many occasions.  He is also a participant on the DNSO GA (Full)
list and the Domain Policy list as well.  How E-mail address is
grossly different than mine as he uses Netzero as his service provider
I believe.  I am cc'ing him on this response....  Hence again Patrick
here is engaging in slander.  But of course we have seen this before
on several instances from him, some most recently....

> In fact, I am sure I am not the only person checking a suspicious posting to
> make sure it is not another forgery or Jeff Williams alter ego.  At least one
> other list member raised a similar concern recently.  The right to privacy of
> genuine posters to the list then becomes compromised as a side-effect.

  Oh please Patrick get a grip!!

> Dealing with with the side-effects is time-consuming and most distracting.  For
> example, it has been suggested that I breached Jeff's own rights by reposting
> his private email.  In this connection,  I advise that I had his publicly posted
> permission as follows:
>
> > Anything I have stated privately or publicly has my permission to be posted
> > anywhere anytime.  I don't have two agendas, Patrick....  >;)
>
> I do not wish, at this time, to tackle other issues of list decorum but do
> suggest the following:
>
> (1)    Members of the [ga] list consider amending the list rules and protocols
> to clarify exactly what behaviour is acceptable.  In my view the above should be
> subject to sanctions by the list monitors.

  I agree with this suggestion.  As long as it is approved my a majority vote
of the GA members, and that any and all interested parties have the
unfettered opportunity to vote.

> (2)    Meanwhile I would ask that respondents be selective in their replies to
> any postings by persons suspended from the [ga] list.   In particular that they:
>
> (a) respect the decision of the list monitor and not post replies to the list
> (b) do not use "reply all" and eliminate any unnecessary cc's in reply.

  I disagree with this.  The Majordomo can be modified to correct this
if it is desirable.  Respondents should not be required to modify the
use of their software (E-Mail Client).

> I can sympathise with well-meaning people who are opposed to censorship of any
> kind but I submit that others have rights too.  Personally I object to people
> who deliberately and continually abuse other people's rights whilst claiming
> those rights for themselves.  By that I mean the list rules need to be
> clarified.

  I am in agreement with you here Patrick.  I have on many occasions
posted to this very area of needed improvement.

> I would love to see the day when people understand that Jeff Williams delights
> in seeing his postings propogated far and wide on the internet.  I would
> ordinarily just killfile his postings but I don't think it's as easy as that.

  Many of my postings already are fairly widely propagated presently
Patrick.  >;)

> The truth is that he is in a category of his own.  Jeff Williams is far and away
> the best example I know of what can be described as a human internet virus.

  ROFLMAO!  How gosh of you Patrick, and you seem to have violated the
current list rules with this comment....  Shame on you!

> I think this is a genuine phenomena which needs to be dealt with by the rules.
>
> Sincerely
> Patrick Corliss

Jeffrey A. Williams