Re: [ga] [ADMIN] Suspension of Dave Crocker

Leah and all remaining assembly members,

  This forum/ML has already gone the way of Censorship in
it's application and interpretation of the questionably legitimate
"Rules" as you indicate.  SELECTIVE CENSORSHIP is the
name of the game here....

JandL wrote:

> This is probably a waste of one of my five posts for the day.
> However, I take exception to complaints regarding an individual's
> personal opinion about politics within the ICANN framework.  It is
> one thing to call a person names.  It is quite another to make a
> personal comment on one's politics and/or motives.  There are
> constant political statements made on this list.  That's a large part
> of dealing with the policies in ICANN.
>
> I think we're drawing a line in the sand with this interpretation of list
> rules.  I also think there could be a backlash from silencing political
> free speech which is what those two statements were, IMHO.
>
> I sincerely hope this list will not go the way of censorship.  If it
> does, half the posters would have to be banned for making political
> comments.
>
> Leah
>
> > At 19:44 05.04.2001 -0400, JandL wrote:
> > >I would normally not respond to this type of post.  However, I must
> > >take exception to it in that it refers to me.  I would like to know
> > >when I have broken the rules and to what post you referred your
> > >targeted remarks.
> >
> > The following two sentences have been complained about:
> >
> > You: (jandl)
> >  >Personally, I believe that the duo are paid disrupters who do a good
> >  >job at their intended purpose.
> >
> > Andy:
> >  >The place just wouldn't be the same without the C&C Propaganda
> >  Factory to >entertain us with their blind support of the party line.
> >
> > In the judgment of the list monitor, both are inflammatory personal
> > attacks, and serve no purpose except to raise the temperature of the
> > list.
> >
> > The list monitor has decided that he will issue a warning (for once,
> > ON the list); the list monitor will have a new person in the appeals
> > chain in a few days, and wants to consult with that person. But I
> > judge these statements to be well outside what is permitted by list
> > rules.
> >
> >              Harald Alvestrand
> >              Speaking as list monitor

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827