[ga] ping

Two things;
Does this list work?
Is my email working?

MHSC is currently recovering from a one month outage caused by our access
provider and our upstream ISP failing to play well together.

We were forced to switch to another ISP and we have lost our /24 net-block
in the process. I am now trying to shoe-horn 62 servers, formerly using over
130 IP addresses, into 32 addresses. SpeakEasy.Net does not seem to be
competent to manage delegation of /24s.

I still have a lot of work to do ...

The outage was unannounced and it wasn't technically-based. MHSC got caught
in the cross-fire between two other companies (our vendors) having a feud.
The two companies were Covad and DSLnetworks. Our new ISP (SpeakEasy.Net)
doesn't have the level of competent service that we need so we are still
looking for another provider. Hopefully, one that will let us divorce Covad
(MHSC no longer trusts Covad to provide reliable access). Until then, we are
forced to stay with SpeakEasy, by Covad, or we will suffer yet another
outage, which Covad guarantees to be at least 45 days. Over 60% of our
services will remain off-line until we can recover enough revenue to pay for
co-lo space.

Multiple T1's are looking real attractive right now, but lead-times are
horrible.

Covad claims non-payment, DSLnetworks claims otherwise. All I know is that
MHSC got stomped as collateral damage. As far as we're concerned, anyone
that lets a customer get 18 months, in arrearage, is mis-managing their
market. IOW, the fault is on both sides.