Re: [ga] [ADMIN] Suspension of Dave Crocker

Eric and all remaining assembly members,

Eric Dierker wrote:

> I think that we have two valuable lessons to learn from the suspension.
>
> There is a small turning point where the generally pleasant majority, got vocal
> against antagonism which was clearly designed to prevent achievement and
> participation.  No one needs to name names because the past is just that, the
> past.  But I can garauntee you that if it starts to rear its' ugly head again us
> newbie dotcommoners will not tolerate it.
>
> You will note that I like to work on Outreach, multilingualism and Education.  My
> bottom line on the conduct was that it hurt Outreach intentionally.  And I think
> that we should note that the gravaman of this latest banning was over sustained
> brutal conduct and not really a freedom of speech thing at all. It also should be
> noted it happened to a non-elected member of the voting watchdog group.  I
> believe the action is the first in a long line of the beginning of
> internetstakeholders forcing the controllers to act in reaction to their
> opinions. This GA is turning the corner.
>
> Secondly, I believe it illustrates that we need a better mechanism for dealing
> with the problem.  I really believe an easy informal selection/election of a
> group of three should handle the banning.  If the allegations are really dealing
> with protected speech we need to be very careful, otherwise banning will always
> be viewed as a top down censoring of opposing opinions. I ask that Dave, Harald
> and Jeff get together on this a prepare process to move this in this new
> direction, between them the document should either satisfy all or none and either
> is good.

  I would be happy to work with anyone, despite their or my personal opinions
about them and they me.  So if you would Eric, please forward this response
to the list....  Dave, and Harald are free to call me to make the arrangements
to do this at 214-244-4827 at any time.  Or if Dave will share his phone
contact info with me I will be happy to give him a call.  I believe I have
Haralds number.

> Sincerely,
>
> Andy Gardner wrote:
>
> > >Doesn't this discussion violate the same rule as Dave's?  Shouldn't we
> > >discuss substantive issues instead of personalities?
> > That was nothing to do with personalities.
> >
> > It was about plants paid by persons unknown, here to steer discussions the
> > way their masters want, and to throw spanners into cogs wherever possible.
> >
> > They are masters of this game. Wouldn't you be interested to know exactiy
> > WHO is paying them to do it?
> >
> > I sure would.
> >
> > >Aren't we threatening
> > >the stability and function of this assembly by getting off on such tangents?
> >
> > You're pointing the finger in the wrong direction, Eric.
> >
> > Have they pulled the wool over your eyes?
> >
> > --
> > Andrew P. Gardner
> > barcelona.com stolen, stmoritz.com stays. What's uniform about the UDRP?
> > We could ask ICANN to send WIPO a clue, but do they have any to spare?
> > Get active: http://www.domain-owners.org http://www.tldlobby.com
> > --

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827