Re: [ga] [ADMIN] Suspension of Dave Crocker

Andy and all remaining assembly members,

Andy Gardner wrote:

> At 4:13 pm -0500 4/5/01, Eric Weisberg wrote:
> >> Wouldn't you be interested to know exactly
> >> WHO is paying them to do it?
> >
> >No.  Everyone is here out of motivation. I think it is counter-productive
> >to get
> >off on that inquiry with each post rather than dealing with validity of its
> >substance.
> >
> >And, even if I were interested in motivation, would I get "incriminating"
> >information through such inquiry?  Or, would I start an endless cycle of
> >recrimination which gets us nothing but white noise?
>
> As it turns out, it appears that according to IETF records, Dave is on
> Neustar's payroll.
>
> All analysis of his comments in this forum should be done with that
> information in mind.

  I don't wholly agree with this.  It may or may not be a factor.  To
the extent it is may be relevant.  To the extent that it isn't, says to me
that it doesn't matter all that much.  So what you end up with is
a value judgment, that each of us makes with respect to any participants
comments, ideas, or positions.  That's normal, and should be expected.
No one is completely neutral here.  Nor should they be....

> --
> Andrew P. Gardner
> barcelona.com stolen, stmoritz.com stays. What's uniform about the UDRP?
> We could ask ICANN to send WIPO a clue, but do they have any to spare?
> Get active: http://www.domain-owners.org http://www.tldlobby.com

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827