Re: [ga] No Members?

Joanna and all remaining assembly members,

Joanna Lane wrote:

> At 03:17 PM 4/4/2001, Joanna Lane wrote:
> >You know, I would be most interested to know where you get this kind of
> >information from. ... Very odd to my way of thinking.
>
> David Crocker:-
> So, let's see.  You are interested in masses of detail and then are
> suspicious when someone provides it to you?
>
> No. You do realize I hope that you are attacking me for requesting the
> source of hearsay information. This was a reasonable enquiry.

  Indeed you are quite right here Joanna.  However in several other
less public exchanges of late (Today/this evening and a few days ago)
you seem also to pay allot of attention to "Hearsay" information as well.
I wonder how this squares with you retort back to Dave Crocker here.
I am not defending Dave here in any way, but pointing out the inequity
of your many "Faces".  The emperor has no clothes....

> Dave Crocker wrote:-
> And you further appear to believe that because you have not been tracking
> the history of these activities closely (or for a long time) and therefore
> do not know much about the other participants, that you should be
> suspicious of participants who have information?
>
> No, and just because a person says something repeatedly (or for a long time)
> doesn't mean it is true.

  True.  But it may mean that he/she believe it is true.  Perception is many
times 90% of reality.  Hitler used this ploy with some significant success.

> Dave Crocker wrote:-
> Even when the details
> about those individuals have been discussed and re-discussed many times.
>
> OIC. You mean I should have known that Kent is engaged in offlist dialogue
> with ICANN staff. Thank you for the confirmation.

  You seem to be drawing a conclusion without the benefit of more tangible
evidence.  That is a dangerous tact.  However I suspect you are quite
correct, all the same....

> Dave Crocker:-
> No, of course, that should not matter, should it?  You would actually have
> to do some homework on your own to find out such things.  Far better to
> attack someone's integrity.
>
> Very nice.
>
> OTOH, it could be viewed that it is you who is attacking my integrity, not
> the other way round. Where do you go to verify the contents of ICANN's
> mailbox? This was my question to Kent.

  comments@icann.org is the ICANN Mailbox.  There is an archive.
However I suspect here this is not what you are eluding to.  Possibly
you could be a bit more clear, Joanna?  If you are suggesting some OTHER
mail box than it may not be possible to "Verify" it's contents.  Some people
and participants go to some length to keep some communications confidential
or PRIVATE.  That should not be viewed as unscrupulous in any way.
Are you suggesting otherwise, indirectly?  If so, why? If not, than what?

> Dave Crocker wrote:-
> On reflection, this does not seem all that strange, if one merely
> pronounces the mailbox string in your email address properly...
>
> d/
>
> Well, for a person who cannot pronounce more than one syllable at a time, I
> guess my email string could present a problem, but since I could not
> possibly say that about you, I guess something I said must have hit home to
> warrant this flame.

  People in glass houses should not throw stones, Joanna....  A word
to the wise should be sufficient....

> Thank you for the compliment.
>
> Regards,
> Joanna

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827