Re: [ga] RE: serious participation in ICANN processes

At 01:02 PM 4/4/2001, babybows.com wrote:
>Cindy Merry asked, "Is there a simple explanation about what the purpose of
>the General Assembly is within the ICANN processes?

Today has provided us with good demonstrations of the purpose of the GA.

We see non-lawyers putting forward a legal claim (member/non-member) that
a) was dealt with long ago, and b) is not tied to any immediate ICANN issue.

And we see questions about financial minutia, also being pursued without
any indication that there is a real problem.

Hence: The GA is for pursuing trivial and irrelevant questions of minutia,
pretty much to the exclusion of matters of ICANN substance..

d/

ps.  Such exercises are sometimes referred to as psychological
masturbation, so I hope that those who have been putting these questions
forward have at least obtained the desired release.